Monday, March 18, 2013

Jewelry Hangers!

Alright. Well I don't know about you, but I have been trying to find a cute and easy way to hang my necklaces and earrings in a way that I can still find cute and fit all of my stuff in one place. This is not easy as I LOVE thrift store shopping for jewelry. I have been browsing Pinterest and just haven't been able to find the right fit for me until I came across this...
http://pinterest.com/pin/7670261837669211/

This of course got my brain working, and bear in mind that my walls are hideous... and the painting is not the best, it was just something I wanted to see if it could work (so when I do do it, I know how I want it done!).  You may also notice that the tree fits into what I have been posting about my verse (Jeremiah 17:7-8), and the latest crafts I have been doing... Foam Painting and Painting The Seasons So I penciled it on my wall, painted it with acrylic paints, bought some 1" finishing nails, and nailed them in along the branches. Once that was done, I started to hang my necklaces. I don't have pictures of my earrings yet, as it has been too cold to spray paint the "leaves" they will be hanging from. I will post more later, and update this post as well.

You may notice that one of the bracelets is on a larger nail... it didn't stay on the 1" nails. You may find this is the case for certain things as well. 








Feelin' Girly,
Not-So-Princess Lizzy

1 comment:

Sarah McBride said...

This is so cute!! Wow, I love this idea :) Great job! And great photography.