Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Turkey Apple Burgers

Alrighty everyone, I have a new recipe, something I tried tonight and I just have to share it. They are really good! Turkey Apple Burgers. It kinda seems a little strange, but they are so good.

Turkey Apple Burgers

1 lb.    Lean ground turkey
1        Large egg, beaten
1 c.     Finely crushed soda crackers (I used 3/4 c. PaneRiso Rice Bread Crumbs)
1        Finely chopped onion (I recommend using a food processor)
1        Garlic clove, crushed
1        Red apple, with peel, finely diced (I recommend using a food processor for this as well)
1 T.      Chopped fresh parsley
3/4 t.   Salt
1/2 t.   Pepper

Combine all 9 ingredients in large bowl. Form into 6 patties. Broil 4 inches (10 cm) from heat for 10 minutes per side, or grill over medium heat on barbecue. (I pan fried them on medium - high heat for about 4 minutes per side).

I added some stuff to the meal of course. I didn't have any buns, but you can definitely eat these burgers as an actual hamburger patty. I made some Herbed Baby Potatoes. Check out the link to find the recipe.

I also made some tomato salad. This is something my mom used to always make. Super easy. You take a couple tomatoes (depending on how much salad you want), cut them up like you were making Greek salad. Then take some parsley, Italian seasoning, a  Tablespoon of Olive oil (or grape seed oil) per tomato  Then add some salt and pepper and stir it up. You can add more seasoning or herbs if you would like, but that is pretty much it. So delicious.

You guys have a great day, and perhaps enjoy these delicious meal ideas.

Cookin' Up A Storm,
Not-So-Princess Lizzy

No comments: