Thursday, May 09, 2013

Zucchini Patties

Hey everyone!

I just discovered an amazing recipe and I had to share! They are so good, even though they look quite weird and a little bit disgusting to be honest with you. I had a friend tell me they looked like moldy pancakes. Tehe. These are to die for, especially if you have a chutney sauce. I used a mango chutney sauce my mom made last year, and I am going to have to get that recipe from her because it just made these amazing. So here goes.

Zucchini Patties

3 c.       Grated zucchini, with peel
1/4 c.    Finely chopped onion
2           Egg whites, fork-beaten
2/3 c.    Dry fine bread crumbs (I used 1/2 c. PaneRiso Rice Bread Crumbs - less because rice crumbs becomes really crumbly when there is too much)
1 tsp.    Low-fat salad dressing (I used mayonnaise)
2 tsp.    Whole wheat flour (I used Jeanne's Gluten Free Flour Mix)
1           Garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp.  Dried oregano (I used Italian Seasoning
1/8 tsp.  Dried sweet basil (I used Greek Seasoning)
1/2 tsp.  Salt
1/8 tsp.  Pepper

Combine all 12 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to moisten bread crumbs. Form into patties, using 1/4 c. for each. Heat lightly greased frying pan or skillet until hot (medium-high heat). Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until crisp and golden. Makes 12 patties.

Gettin' Healthy,
Not-So-Princess Lizzy


No comments: