Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Wonder of Life

Here I am at my aunt's house and I believe I have fallen in love with a little baby.

Have any of you looked at a baby and wished that you could have one. Well I experienced that the last couple of days. The babies name is Kylee and she is my second cousin, although I consider her my niece. The way she looks at you like you are the only thing she cares about and the look of utter trust in her eyes. Nothing can replicate it.

I mean, I recently got a boyfriend, but this is different. You get flutters in your stomach and it is because she is holding your finger with her little hands or even makes those cute little noises that mean absolutely nothing. How anyone can not like babies is beyond me. They are precious! <3

Iknow that babie sare a lot of work, but when you look at one and she looks right back at you with those big blue eyes there is nothing you can do but wish you had one of your own and fall in love. I guess I am being silly, because really, I am 17. I just finished school. But everyone has their dreams right. I want atleast 3 kids. Having one makes them spoiled. Two kids and they fight way too much with each other. Three or four is perfect, but I think five is pushing the limit.

I grew up with 5 brothers. Ya, that's right. Five. It kind of sucked sometimes when I just wanted to watch a chick flick or do something girly and they would all freak out at me. I always thought that God was punishing me for something. I mean, how can a girl grow up around so much testosterone. But I think I came out ok. Maybe having siblings isn't so bad.

Some people had a crappy family, and they survived. I didn't have it to bad and I am thankful every day that I can just be myself, and my family doesn't freak out at me. My prayers goes out to all those girls and boys out there that grew up in a situation different than mine, where they either didn't have a family, or had a terrible one. I am so sorry that you had to experience that at a young age. It isn't fair, but I think what we have to do is move on and discover that yes, not everyone went through that, but since you survived, that means you are strong and can persevere. Your troubles make you into the person you are today.

Little baby Kylee is growing up in a disfunctional family. My cousin and her boyfriend are living together, but don't have enough money for a house so they are staying at my aunt's. The dad is an alcoholic, but is trying to change. No one knows what is going to happen, especially when the mom is Christian and the dad isn't. I am not saying that he is a bad guy, it just causes a lot of arguments in the home.

So as I said, my prayers go out. Families are precious, and too often they aren't treated as such. I am so thankful for my brothers and my parents. They mean so much to me, so if you can, keep your family close.

In love
Not-So-Princess Lizzy <3

No comments: